Paris, 16th August 2016 – September can mean only one thing – back to the classroom! Brush up on your aged spirits and fine liquors, and join us for three days of tastings and Master classes, given by the world’s leading Masters of Malt at Whisky Live Paris, from the 24th until the 26th September.
Whisky Live is returning to its spiritual home in Paris for the 13th edition of Europe’s largest Whisky event. Eau de vie meets eau de la Seine at the contemporary Cité de la Mode et du Design, where visitors can wander through three spaces dedicated to over 140 whiskies and spirits from over thirty countries, while sampling exclusive tastings and inventive mixology creations throughout.
Unleash your inner connoisseur, and expand your knowledge and appreciation for fine spirits in the hands of some of the world’s leading experts, with our exclusive masterclasses on the 24th and 25th September.
- Learn all about the Resurgence of the Single Pot Still Category with Head Blender of Jameson Irish Whiskey, Master Blender Billy Leighton, who epitomises the spirit of a serious whiskey that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
- Make a special Discovery of Cognac with none other than Cognac Ambassador David Boileau. Learn the secrets of France’s legendary spirit, before appreciating four cognacs with your new-found knowledge.
- Receive a warm Welcome to the Land of Arran from Euan Mitchell. Learn more about the 21 year history of Arran Distillery, and sample six whiskies typical of one of the last independent distilleries in Scotland.
- Pure Single Rums take pride of place at Luca Gargona’s masterclass. Passionate about quality, this Italian will impart his knowledge and expertise to reveal the excellence of pure single rum.
- Let Dave Broom, the literary authority for enthusiasts and professionals alike, teach you all About Gin by revealing the secrets of his book Gin – The Manual, recounting the history of the drink through the tasting of six varieties.
- Take your seats for a thrilling class in American Legends by American Whiskeys Expert, and university lecturer Jonathan Lax, as he schools you on his Holy Trinity: Bourbon, Scotch, Mixology.
- What is The Influence of Climate on a good whisky? Let Master Blender Ian Chang reveal the secrets behind Taiwan’s magnificent single malts, aged in special casks in a tropical climate.
- Take a journey From Cognac to Rum as 2012 Rum World Best Master Blender Alexandre Gabriel explains the similarities between these two expressive spirits.
Can’t make it to one of the classes? Whisky Live Paris still has plenty to teach you!
Taste the spoils of visionary rule-breaker and whisky creator John Glaser, as he invites you to an exclusive sampling from Compass Box. These long-awaited offerings are sure to set pulses racing in the whisky world.
Or take a stroll on Cocktail Street*, where our food market will introduce you to Paris’s bustling street food, restaurant and mixology scene, and reveal a world of incredible flavours, smells and imagination!
Join us for Whisky Live Paris, and avail of our exclusive summer offer of just €60 per day**, which includes unlimited access to the tasting stands in the 3,400m² tasting hall, exclusive discounts, two free cocktails on Cocktail Street, and much, much more.
To book your Master Class, tickets, or to learn more about the event, why not visit www.whiskylive.fr, and make sure to follow @WhiskyLiveParis on Facebook and Twitter to keep updated with the latest news. But hurry – tickets are selling out fast!
*Cocktail Street is an external event, which is open to the public, running parallel to Whisky Live.
**Prices do not include master classes, which can be booked separately at whiskylive.fr
About Whisky Live Paris
From Shanghai to New York, via London and Johannesburg, Whisky Live is an international event that gets capitals’ pulses racing throughout the year. For more than 13 years now, Paris has hosted the annual Whisky Live event at the end of September, which has grown over the years to become Europe’s largest tasting event. With a rich programme of tastings (more than 160 brands present), meetings and talks (Masterclasses), and entertainment (cocktail bars, food pairing), Whisky Live Paris is the annual event for whisky and fine spirits enthusiasts. In 2015, Whisky Live Paris welcomed over 8,000 visitors serving more than 6000 cocktails throughout the event.
The 2016 edition will open its doors at La Cite de La Mode et du Design for the public on the 24th and 25th September, and on the 26th September for professionals.